Sunday, May 1, 2011

One week

I can't believe that I have less than a week until I run the Indy Mini. I feel like my training for this half marathon has been not been what it should be. This last week has been especially hard with allergies that make it hard to breathe. I am hoping that the altitude, or lack there of, will give me a boost in Indianapolis. It has been my goal to get my personal best time at this race, but I am not too optimisitic. Since i started running, my goal has been to run a half in 2 hours and 15 minutes. The closest I have come is 2:17 at the Colorado Marathon in Fort Collins.

I just signed up for the Taste of Louisville in June. I hope that I can make some improvements between now and then. I have learned that I need to have a goal so that I don't quit running. I am already signed up for the Denver Rock & Roll in October. Before becoming a Rock & Roll marathon series, the race was called the Denver Marathon. The course is challenging, with a uphill run from mile 9 to 10 into Cheesman Park. But, the last part of the race is a downhill run by the state capitol, the art museum and Denver's city and county building. This will be my third time running this course.

As I prepare for my upcoming race, I have other thoughts about future races. I have been entertaining the idea of running a full marathon for a while now. I found a race in Indianapolis in November and I am almost sure that I am going to sign up. Somehow I need to find the time to balance work, school, and training. But, it is hard to get motivated to go for a run after a long day of work.

So, I am starting this blog to share my thoughts as I train for a marathon. If I don't do the one in Indianapolis, I will find another one to run. I have no doubt that I will run a full marathon someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment