Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Two days, 12 hours, 23 minutes and 22 seconds

The amount of time I have to train keeps getting shorter. But, yesterday I ran (with a little bit of walking) 10.15 miles. I am surprised that I am not sore at all today. When I was running, my body wasn't in pain at all, except for my lungs. I felt good until about the 7th mile. After that I felt like I couldn't get any air into my body. The route I ran included some uphill parts, some down downhill parts and a lot of flat parts. This was the 2nd time I have run this route from the Highlands to Crown Hill Cemetary and park and back. This time I added a few blocks by Sloans Lake.

I packed my bags for the race and hopefully I didn't forget anything I need. I packed blister band-aids to protect my feet from the blister that I formed training for the race. Running 13 miles with a blister is not fun, I know what past experience. I also packed my Sports Beans to eat along the way, my water bottle, my powdered Gatorade and clothes for warm and chilly weather. It has the possiblity to rain on rain day. I have been fortunate to have great weather in every race that I have run so far. Maybe my luck will continue...

Wish me luck! I am going to need it for this one.

1 comment: