Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 14

So, blogging every day is really hard. Maybe because lately I have been making my workouts and healthy eating a priority. After the new year, the workout DVDs are always on sale. I picked up a few new ones so that I don't get bored with the ones that I already have. I bought The Biggest Loser Calorie Knockout and The Biggest Loser At Home Challenge. They usually have two of The Biggest Loser DVDs at the end of each season. I think I have all of these DVDs. They are great workouts because some are 10 minutes, some are 20, and some are 30 minutes. That gives me options depending on how much time I have to workout. I also like that some of the workouts are cardio and others are strength workouts. I have also been doing the Jillian Michaels' Killer Buns and Thighs and Ripped in 30 Days. These workouts make me really push myself. Of course, I am totally out of shape. I need to start building up my workouts so when it is nice outside again, I will be ready for some long training runs for the half-marathon. I like that Jillian really kicks my butt. Sure, she yells a lot, but I actually workout harder. I was doing The Biggest Loser workout with Anna Kournikova the other day and I just wasn't as into it. Her emotions are so flat. I guess I like it that Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels "get in your face" so to say.

It has been a struggle getting up at 4:45 to workout before work. But, I think I can do that at least 3 days a week. Even after one week of working out and being strict about Weight Watchers, I can tell that my pants fit a little better. Hopefully the strength training, especially in my legs, with help the next time I go skiing. I want my muscles to feel stronger, so that I am more confident on the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment