Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3rd

Today I am grateful that I have a job. Although it was very hard getting up early to go to work after being off for two weeks. Today was a teacher work day so we didn't have any students. It was a nice way to ease back into being at work. I brought some of the classroom pets back to school today because I know the kids will be anxious to see them. As I carried the animals to the car, I was able to watch the sunrise change frome blues, pinks, and purples to oranges and pinks. It was a wonderful way to start the day.


However, when I got to my classroom I was welcomed by the smell of rotting liquid. One of my students left a water bottle full of some type of liquid in my classroom. Two weeks worked its magic and the liquid became a putrid smelling sludge. I was able to escape my room for a while as we gathered together to complete a personality profile. We did the True Colors personality quiz. It has been a few years since I have done this quiz, but I think my color is the same. I am a gold, with orange a close second. One of the traits of gold is being organized. If you look at my classroom or my house, you will see that I am NOT organized. I may have my own weird method of organizing which consists of piles of stuff. If someone moves my piles, I get stressed out because somehow I know what is in each of those piles.


After the meeting, I had to return back to my room to tackle the stacks of papers that I neglected to grade over break. As I graded papers for the rest of the day, I had to smell that horrible smell. Our janitor came in and sprayed some odor neutralizing spray, but it was no match for whatever was in that water bottle. By the end of the day, my room was almost back to normal and I mentally prepared for the students to come back. Tomorrow the students return, knowing that we are half way to summer break.


No comments:

Post a Comment