Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome to 2012

A couple of months ago I joined Pinterest. I heard about it from some friends and decided to check it out. Well, I have found so many craft ideas to keep me busy for the rest of the year. I even used some of the ideas for Christmas gifts. One of the ideas that I came across was a journal to keep track of something that you are thankful for everyday. I started this blog with the intent to write about running. But, I think I will morph it into a blog about crafting, running, teaching,cooking/baking, and all the other things that define me. Rather than keeping a paper journal, I think I will use this blog as my 365 days of gratitude journal.

Today I am thankful for great friends. Chris and I went over to our friends' house for a New Year's party last night. I met some new people, caught up with friends, played Band Hero, and made a new friend over a common hobby, knitting. Chris and I tried some new beers so that he could write about them in our blog and review them for Examiner. One of the great things about trying new beers, is trying them with friends. Chris enjoys critiquing beers with friends so that he can get multiple opinions about color, aroma, flavor, and other qualities of the beer. When he moved to Denver, two and a half years ago, we decided that we would make it our mission to visit every brewery in Colorado. I haven't made an official count recently, but I estimate we have visited 76 Colorado breweries.


Chris and me, with his sister photobombing in the background


My most recent knitting project - I knitted this hat for my friend Robin.


  
Today I am also reminded that I have 124 days until the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon in Indianapolis. I ran this race for the first time last year. It is amazing how running at lower altitude improves your time. Running at a mile high is great training! So as the new year begins, so does a new training program. I really want to get a personal record when I run this race in May. Every time I run a race my goal is to get a PR. But, every time something gets in the way of training. The last race was two months after I bought a house. Needless to say, my time was devoted to toward home improvement projects, not training. This time, I am dedicated to getting the time I want. My goal is anything less than 2 hours and 17 minutes. Someday, I hope to run a half-marathon in 2 hours and 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment